I know it can be difficult to find a gluten-free dessert but this is one of my favorites, even if I wasn’t cooking gluten-free! Honestly, anything with mangos is pretty delicious! And this recipe is so easy, so fast, and with so few ingredients, you gotta love it!
(Be sure you use the small tapioca peals, not large ones.)
(The look of translucent tapiocas.)
- 1/2 cup (113 g) small pearl tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 can (400 mL) Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup (113 g) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.71 g) salt
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in slices
- Rinse tapioca in a strainer under cold water for 20 seconds.
- Boil water in a small saucepan.
- Add the tapioca and cook 10 to 12 minutes on medium heat until tapioca is translucent, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Stir in coconut milk, sugar and salt. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until pudding thickens slightly, stirring frequently.
- Let stand 20 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate until cold. Serve with mango slices. (If you don’t have mangoes, they taste great with bananas as well. Or you can experiment with various fruit.)