This summer we were able to spend some time with Grama Bonesteele in Seattle, Washington. The kids had fun playing with my husband’s old Legos and Playmobils that Grandma never got rid of. And we got to get in some alone time while Grama babysat. It was fun for Todd to wander around his old neighborhood and show the kids where he went to school.
One of the many benefits was also getting some recipes from Grama.
Now, I’m not sure whether these are her recipes or recipes she grabbed from a book or the internet, but this one is a sure winner. But remember, fresh raspberries are so much better than frozen ones!
EH, my daughter, was craving this the other day so she made some for the whole family! Delish! So today, I’m sharing it with you all! What’s one of your favorite “grandma” recipes??
Grama’s Raspberry Banana Muffins
Makes 24 Muffins
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raspberries
- (Optnl) 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, bananas, and lemon juice and mix.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Add to wet mixture and mix.
- Stir in raspberries (and nuts if desired).
- Bake in liners or sprayed muffin tin for 15-20 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.